Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Alice in Wonderland.
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Alice in Wonderland.
I love things that make us return to our 8 year old selves. As an actor, as an artist, as a writer I always strive to go back to those days of galumphing across playgrounds, playing make believe at every turn. We never had to 'think' about how to play. We just did it. We never made appointments to play, we never planned our play, we never let silly things like money or responsibilities (or rain or the cold) get in the way. As adults we forget how to play. We don't have enough practice using our imaginations because there is very little in our days that requires us to be ridiculous; little in our days that requires us to think of the astonishing things, that makes us imagine a what if.
I saw this today on my pal Tony's LiveJournal. A great 'ridiculous' activity for the day. Try it. You'll feel good. It might want to make you go home and put on 2 different colored socks, make a tent out of your sheets, turn off the lights and read a book with a flashlight.
This is going around LiveJournal, and it's a lot of fun! Jump in, I'm looking forward to the responses! :)
Invent a memory of me and post it in the comments. It can be anything you want, so long as it's something that's never happened.
Then, of course, post this to your blog and see what people would like to remember of you, only the universe failed to cooperate in making it happen so they had to make it up instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment